Dupage Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Review about 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport from Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Update added by user Jul 17, 2015
The general manager called today and went above and beyond to keep me as a customer. I'm stoked about my new jeep!
Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2015
RUDE, DISHONEST SALESPEOPLE!On 7/16/15 I spoke with RJ Kaye regarding an Internet advertised Jeep Wrangler on the Dupage Jeep dealership website (Glendale Heights, IL) and cars.com.
The advertised price was $23,825. My husband called and put a $200 down payment for the vehicle and made plans to drive down tomorrow (7/17/15) from Cedarburg, WI and purchase the vehicle. An hour later RJ called back stating that the advertised price was not what they could actually sell the vehicle for. RJ stated that he would charge us $4000 more.
He told us he realizes the advertised price is $23,825 but he stated that it's not incorrect, we just don't "quality" for that pricing but could not list the "qualifications" needed. No qualifications were listed on the website or cars.com. RJ stated he could possibly "pull some strings" and charge us $26,000 if we came down tomorrow. I really, wanted the vehicle so I agreed to the misrepresented upcharged price.
At about 8:30pm tonight RJ phoned us and stated that he "just sold the jeep to someone else" even though we had money down to hold it. RJ was incredibly rude and knowingly misrepresented the price of this vehicle online to lure in customers and then charge them more. The website still states the sale price. I also have photos of the web advertised prices and vehicle.
My husband voiced his complaint with RJ and RJ responded by saying "suck my ***" and hung up the phone. I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler and this was my very first interaction with a representative of JEEP. I hope this is not the norm.
I filed a consumer complaint with the Illinois Attorney General.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "I wanted to brighter a friends day so I ordered a Glorious Garden from what was pictured on the site. What was delivered looked nothing like that. It looked like..."
- "Hello, I ordered a pizza in Madison wo Middleton location tonight after work and the girl who made it had piercings and a dirty hand wrap on her wrist. This..."
- "I signed up to have my paychecks deposited on the Chase Paycard. I was assured that it could be used online and that I could pay bills with it. I..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "Crook, Money Hungry, Delusional, Crazy and Ill Hearted Dentist. Long Track of Horrible Scam Records Ruthlessly Ripping Numerous Patients for Multiple Tens of Thousands of Dollars. Revoked License and Penalized..."
- "So i bought 2 Gronk Editions today before work. Halfway through the first one, there was some brown slimy tapeworm looking things on the rim. So i thought i had..."